Food Hub Manager in Creston
Fields Forward Society supports the development of agri-food and food processing in the Creston Valley. We are launching a regional food hub in the Creston to serve food processors in the Kootenays. We are seeking a qualified Food Hub Manager.
Reporting to the Fields Forward Executive Director, you will help launch and develop a profitable social enterprise in the Creston Valley.
We are looking for a professional with at least five years of management experience. As well, you have either developed your own value-added food product selling into retail or worked in a HACCP certified facility. You have creativity, initiative, and a business sense and enjoy jumping in to make things happen.
Our ideal candidate will be outgoing with strong customer service, operations, supervisory, and communications (social media and writing) skills. You thrive in helping others become successful with their business. You will have an aptitude for food safety.
The role is to coordinate the delivery of services to producers and processors including a food processing area and equipment (for commercial production), a commercial kitchen, product development and business services, and training and education on food processing and food safety.
The food hub is being renovated and will officially open in early 2022.
- Develop a food processing facility from the ground up including recruiting anchor tenants and renters from the Creston Valley and Kootenay region
- Develop and put into practice a HAACP-based program, including preventative control program, food safety program and sanitation program, and standard operating procedures with the assistance of a HACCP professional
- Schedule users using booking technology that needs to be procured
- Coordinate the development of a few products and find markets for them
- Develop operations and facility manuals
- Responsible for the preparation of all corporate, third party and regulatory inspections
- Train on all processing equipment and operate equipment when necessary.
- Train and supervise staff ensuring personnel maintain applicable industry standards at the Food Hub facility
- Ensure that the facility and grounds are cleaned and maintained according to Food Hub policies and procedures and HACCP guidelines
- Collaborate with the Provincial Food Hubs network to share best practices and troubleshoot challenges
The Creston Valley is a great community to relocate to with the Goat River flowing through, Kootenay Lake only fifteen minutes away, a full-service recreation centre, friendly people, affordable housing and surrounded by incredible beauty.
Salary range is $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience for a 37.5-hour week. It includes a generous extended health benefits package and standard vacation. Occasional weekends and longer hours during harvest may be required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put Food Hub Manager in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified.
Application deadline: Wednesday, September 15, 2021